Partnerships in Child Care Teacher Institute
As of July 1, 2019, all new Lead Teachers in Type III child care centers are required by the Louisiana Department of Education to have a Louisiana Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate from a state-approved program like our PICC Teacher Institute.
What is the Teacher Institute?
This exciting and supportive training program plans to begin 2020-21 classes in late October/early November. Participants will complete 135 hours of coursework and receive step-by-step support to earn the CDA and the Louisiana Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate! The Teacher Institute is approved by the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE).
Who is eligible for the Teacher Institute?
Lead Teachers at Type III child care centers. Providers from all Greater Baton Rouge parishes are eligible to apply.
When do Teacher Institute classes take place?
Classes are held most Tuesdays and some Thursdays from 5 - 8 pm, beginning in late October/early November 2020 and ending in July 2021. Classes will begin virtually and may convert later this year back to a face-to-face format. All face-to-face classes will be held in Baton Rouge.
When is the application due?
Complete applications are due no later than noon on Wednesday, October 14, 2020. The following documents must be received at the Partnerships in Child Care office via e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or via mail: The completed Teacher Institute Application, initialed and signed Candidate Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), initialed and signed Director Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), completed Louisiana Pathways Early Childhood Ancillary Scholarship Application, copy of diploma or GED and personal statement.
- Learn in a supportive group from a caring team of professional trainers.
- Receive on-the-job coaching to meet real-world classroom challenges.
- Participate in Professional Learning Community (PLC) meetings to develop a CDA Professional Portfolio.
- Fulfill all CDA and Early Learning Ancillary Certificate course requirements.
- Become the most effective teacher you can be!
- Partnerships in Child Care • 1933 Carolyn Sue Dr. • Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- Phone: (225) 926-8005