Partnerships In Child Care Teacher Institute
Beginning July 2019, all Lead Teachers in Type III child care centers will be required by the Louisiana Department of Education to have a Louisiana Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate.
What is the Teacher Institute?
This exciting and supportive training program will begin 2018 classes in August. Participants will complete 135 hours of coursework and receive step-by-step support to earn the CDA and the Louisiana Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate! The Teacher Institute is approved by the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE).
Who is eligible for the Teacher Institute?
Lead Teachers at Type III child care centers with at least 6 months experience and fewer than 80 clock hours of training completed. Providers from all parishes are eligible to apply.
When do Teacher Institute classes take place?
Classes are held every Tuesday from 5 - 8 p.m. beginning in August 2018 and ending in May 2019. All classes will be held in the Greater Baton Rouge area.
When is the application due?
Applications are due no later than Monday, June 4, 2018. The following documents must be received at the Partnerships In Child Care office via email, mail or hand-delivery: The Teacher Institute Application, Candidate Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Director Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Louisiana Pathways Early Childhood Ancillary Scholarship Application, copy of diploma or GED and personal statement.
- Learn in a supportive group from a caring team of professional trainers.
- Receive on-the-job coaching to meet real-world classroom challenges.
- Participate in Professional Learning Community (PLC) meetings to develop a CDA Professional Portfolio.
- Take advantage of specialized access to PICC computer lab and resource room.
- Fulfill all CDA and Early Learning Ancillary Certificate course requirements.
- Become the most effective teacher you can be!
- Partnerships in Child Care • 4521 Jamestown Ave, Suite 5 • Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Phone: (225) 926-8005